Dear parents and Caregivers,
It is so nice to have some warm weather! Everything seems to have sprung to life and there really is “Spring in our steps!” In the blink of an eye, we are in week 4 of what is a short school term. Like you I’m sure, my calendar is filling quickly with the events of the Christmas season! With that in mind, I’d like to remind families of some important end of year dates:
- Year four and five surf/aquatics programs
- Year five and six reflection days
- Friday December 3 – Carols and School Picnic. This will be a great way to celebrate the end of another school year, and to enjoy a celebration of the beginning of the Advent and Christmas season with Carols performed by each year level group.
- Tuesday December 7 – Year 6 graduation liturgy and dinner. We are looking forward to sending off our year 6 students in style!
- Wednesday December 8 – last day of school for 2021. As per my letter emailed to families earlier this week, school will finish on Wednesday the 8th. During that day we will celebrate our end of school year Thanksgiving Mass in the church. With the capacity of the church limited, this Mass will be a student’s only event.
This week, our Reception and year one cohorts have been travelling to Thebarton Swim centre for their annual Swimming program. My thanks to the teachers and Mr Daley for organising and leading the event, and for all parents who have volunteered to assist.
This Friday, we will be participating in the 2021 SACPSSA Athletics carnival, held at SA Athletics Stadium. This is one of the largest Catholic Schools Carnivals and students look forward to the opportunities to represent our school in the various Track and Field events. St Francis has been placed in section one for this year’s events and will be competing with some of Adelaide’s largest Catholic schools and colleges-this is a significant achievement! We will have over 60 students as part of our team. My thanks to James Daley and James Goldy for coordinating trials and organising our team.
With the end of the year fast approaching, there will be a steady stream of information and forms to complete, ready for 2022. I ask all families to be mindful of things coming home to complete and to return all relevant forms and information to the school as soon as possible. In the next couple of editions of our newsletter, I will be providing further information about end of year arrangements.
Last week, I was saddened to hear of the passing of Mrs Karen Brandwood’s Father, who had been unwell for some time. Please keep Karen and her family in your thoughts and prayers at this most difficult time.
Have a great week everyone