Dear parents & caregivers,
The end is nigh! As we enter the first week of the Liturgical season of Advent, we also wind down to the end of our school year. Like the previous year, it has been a rather momentous one, with the COVID-19 pandemic continuing to impact our lives on so many ways. As Catholics and therefore people of hope, we look ahead to our world returning to some sort of normality, come the beginning of 2022.
Today, your children will have visited their new teacher and class group for 2022. These moments are important transitions and learning experiences for children. While moving into new settings with new people brings a certain amount of uncertainty, it is also an opportunity for exciting new beginnings. Children will experience these moments of transition every year into the future, with peak moments being the end of Primary School and the end of Secondary school. There are opportunities to build resilience and skills for life!
I am pleased to announce our staffing profile for the 2022 school year, as follows:
Reception – Mrs Leonie Fitzgerald
Reception – Mrs Tania Palmato
Reception – Mrs Renee Cross
Year 1 – Mrs Gia Perin
Year 1 – Mrs Nikki Dytman
Year 1 – Mrs Karen Brandwood 0.6 and Mrs Sarah Battistella 0.4
Year 2 - Mrs Rebecca Demetto (Manno) 0.5 and Mrs Juliette Passerini 0.5
Year 2 – Mrs Marisa Brown
Year 2 – Mrs Cheryl Milde (NB-Cheryl will be on Long Service leave in term 1 and Mrs Rosslyn Stevens will take the class.)
Year 3 – Miss Emma Gill
Year 3 – Mrs Maria Silvestri
Year 3 – Mr Mark Bowman 0.8 and Mrs Angela DeNadai 0.2
Year 4 – Mrs Chantal Driver
Year 4 – Mr James Goldy 0.6 and Mrs Christie-Lee Hansberry 0.4 (NB-James will be on Long Service Leave in term 1 and Mrs Rebecca Pawson will take the class 0.6)
Year 5 – Ms Corinne McKenzie
Year 5 – Ms Ellie Ventrice
Year 6 – Mrs Mary Louise Stoddard
Year 6 – Mrs Libby Thomas.
As you can see, we have a number of new staff joining our team for 2022. I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Sarah, Ellie, Corinne and Angela to our staff for 2022. I also wish James and Cheryl a restful Long Service Leave break and we will look forward to their return in term 2.
We are all looking forward to our Carols evening and picnic tomorrow. The children have been practicing hard and they sound fantastic! My sincere thanks to Miss Olivia Bozzon for her excellent coordination of the event. I would like to remind all families of the following:
- This will be a covid-safe event. This means that check in is a requirement of entry. We ask you to properly social distance while taking part in the event, and where this is not possible, we ask that you wear face masks. There will be check in stations and hand sanitizer at various points through the school.
- Upon arrival, children should remain with their families until called to the marshalling area.
- Before and during the concert, the playground and football goals are out of bounds-including for siblings. We need the children to be actively involved – both as an audience and in readiness for their performance.
- After each group performance, the children will return to families. Following the completion of the concert and from that point onward, all families are responsible for their own children – please note, teachers will not be on duty after the completion of the choir event.
- We respectfully ask all children and families to stay out of the Quadrangle area, unless accessing toilet facilities. This is because there is no supervision of this area.
- The event will conclude at 8.30pm. At that point, the stage company will arrive to demount the stage. As you can imagine, they will need sufficient space to do this, and so we ask that families leave promptly, to maintain a safe environment for all.
Student reports will be sent home on Monday 6th December. These reports are a summary of learning across the whole year, and take into consideration the semester one report. You are invited to clarify any aspect of your child’s report with your child’s teacher at any point prior to the end of the school year. My thanks to all of our wonderful staff for their efforts in preparing these documents-it is a very important, but also time consuming task!
While this would usually be the last newsletter for 2021, I will be writing to you one more time, next week! I am excited to inform you that we have been working on a communications App, which will be available for you to download, from next Wednesday! You will receive instructions on how to install the app on your apple or android mobile phone. While the App development will continue during the holiday break, there will be some information immediately available to you, once you download and install it. As we add information to the App, it will automatically regenerate. Stay tuned for more exciting developments in this space as we enter the new school year!
Have a great week everyone,